Monday, April 13, 2009

"Episode 1.15"

"If that's the problem, then there's no problem!"
Well, no time to cogitate this episode as good as it was, with Easter and another fantastic Lost episode to talk about. Suffice it to say that we get a glimpse of a younger (or older devolved?) Observer-being, who was found in an abandoned warehouse tunnel. Did this little one traverse the dimension as alluded to by the last episode? Or was he dropped here to add to the ranks of other Observers that are watching the travelers from other dimensions arrive at ours? At any rate, this gives Olivia a link to them, to add to Walter's and Peter's past link. I'm surprised that Walter didn't think of his previous encounter with one before (that he told Peter about) with them both having that "follicular dilemma". Or at least it should have reminded him of some kind of food as usual, like maybe a vanilla ice-cream cone.

We also get another squeamish serial killer subplot, which I won't even mention except to say, "Don't get in the van you idiot, didn't you ever see 'Silence Of The Lambs'?!" Stupid broad. It cracked me up that she was Becky #1 from 'Roseanne', as well as one construction worker being the friend from 'King Of Queens', and the other being the funny marine from 'Major Dad'.

Walter and Olivia both turn on their empathetic babysitting powers in the lab, and we see that the child has a mental link with Olivia. I find it as difficult to believe that the CIA won't find out where they hid him, as I had believing that Scully could hide her boy from the aliens via adoption. We'll see how that goes. Did I miss anything important?

2 comments:

Bigmouth said...

I have to admit...this show has TOTALLY grown on me! Walter and Olivia are great and even Pacey isn't as offensive as I'd feared. One complaint -- American Idol ran too long so my DVR lopped off the end of the episode. What happened in the last five minutes?

Capcom said...

Glad you're liking it Big! I had a difficult time with comparing it to the X-Files (and therefore being too critical) but it's growing on me too.

Yeah, everyone who DVRs it has had that problem the past two weeks. Haha, me and my ancient VHS do just fine! :o) Go to Dennis' FringeTelevision blog (posted in the sidebar on the front page here), last week they posted the ending, and they probably will for this week as well. I haven't checked over there yet today.

Thanks for stopping by! :-D